Garden Ramsay....or so my husband tells me.



About two years ago I was staring at my mother-in-laws garden and commenting to my husband how she should have harvested her corn by now.  I, only a gardener of about two years, overly confident in my abilities.  "You're so critical of other people's gardens" was his reply.  "We should call you Garden Ramsay". 

AND flash forward to now where he buys me the domain name and pretty much forces me into a blog.  Which is something I have talked about doing for at least 5 years.  Thanks hunny (we will decide if that is sincere or sarcastic depending on how this turns out).

Now, a little about myself.  I'm a recently 30 year old (gulp) mother of one and an avid gardener who up until recently, solely concentrated on vegetables.  We bought a house last year that came with a huge expanse of perennial gardens.  I think English Cottage theme is what the previous owner was going for, so pretty much flowers and shrubs, EVERYWHERE!  It has been quite the learning experience but I am now absolutely obsessed with these gardens, identifying the plants and getting them under control. 


                                       Baptisia                                                    Rhododendron


                                           Peony                                                   Azalea


These are just the tip of the ice berg!  I have two pages full of plants I have identified and many more that I have no clue!  (Please chime in if you do!)

So the overly critical vegetable gardener is now the completely inexperienced perennial gardener and equally inexperienced blogger!  My hope is through this blog you might get a few laughs, learn a little or a lot, and you can learn from my mistakes (I'm sure there will be a lot) and hopefully my triumphs!   

Happy Gardening!










Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It made me smile - you're a natural and I can't wait to read more about your garden adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts