"Rest in Peas"




This little guy might be one of the only peas I get this year.



I rarely have a vegetable fail on me so I’m super disappointed with this disaster.  We built this beautiful “pea house” (sounds like a port-a john, I know) and I can’t even get the peas to grow halfway up the side.  Total Pinterest Fail right here.

If you're wondering about what's growing up the other side, I have no clue.  I'm sure it's a weed of some kind BUT it has tenacity and nothing else was growing so I left it.  :-)

When it comes to any plant it is all about location, location, location and I picked a terrible location.  Let me start out with our new yard is WET and when I say that I mean that when it rains portions of the yard turn into a swamp.  It takes 4-5 days of hot weather after a rain storm to even attempt mowing our side yard.  So where did I put my peas?  In the side yard.  SMFH.

The peas would not take on the one side (I planted them twice) because they kept flooding.  The other side’s plants came up nice at first but now most are kind of sick looking from too much water and not enough sun.  Yeah, there are also trees all around.  What was I thinking?  Garden Ramsay screwed this one up.

I quote Jumanji in this case.

Sarah Whittle: Well, a little rain never hurt anybody.

Alan Parrish: Yeah, but a lot can kill you.

And all your plants….



      

Comments

  1. I think it's great you are doing this! so sorry about your peas...I've been having trouble with spinach. I plant the seeds, the rain washes them away...keep trying! hope your summer is going great! hugs to you and your family...PS would love to take hostas off your hands....September good month for that ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts